I offer translations from Spanish and French into my native English (US). Only working into my native language ensures that my translations will read like originals.
Please refer to my specializations section below for further details on the types of documents I translate.
I also offer proofreading of Spanish>English and French>English translations, as well as monolingual English texts.
I provide both subtitle translations as well as spotting (timing the subtitles to the video). I work with the software Annotation Edit, Subtitle Workshop and Aegisub, as well as clients’ proprietary software. I can provide you with a translated script, a time-coded subtitle file (.e.g., .srt), or a video with the subtitles burned in. Examples of projects I’ve previously subtitled include TV shows, films, actor's commentaries, documentaries, and advertisements.
I provide English transcriptions with or without time-coding.
My specializations include but are not limited to:
- Legal (briefs, judgments, contracts, legal journalism, leases, patent-related documentation, vital records, etc.)
- Medical (medical records, clinical trial documentation, informed consent forms, back translations, etc.)
- Subtitling and spotting (films, TV shows, advertisements, commentaries, documentaries)
- Financial (financial statements, bank marketing materials, insurance, loan documentation, etc.)
- Arts and culture (artwork loan agreements, artist biographies, articles, etc.)
Please contact me for a sample of my previous translation work.